09 January 2010

Holy Cow 3 today

Only because I posted after midnight - grin! Slept in today- its a work day, have to be there for the 3-11 shift - Can I say, I would love to stay home in my jammies, with the fire going and a mug of hot cocoa (sugar-free, which is really yummy) and my computer. I have promised myself that I am going to teach myself (FINALLY) the Photoshop 7 program that I have had for a year - ugh! A whole year with a great program wasted -- so goal for January (and February) is to figure this program out, get some pictures downloaded and get to work! I will not be a digital scrapper, no sirree, I love paper and embellies way to much for that, but I will use all the cool tools that are available to me from the digital program. I am excited and nervous, its hard for me to learn new things like this myself, don't know why. I am one of those people that does great with having someone go through and hands on teach me, then I get it. I am so looking forward to learning something new.

Cody is wrestling in a dual/tournament this weekend - and is holding his own, he is so athletic that it sometimes throws me for a loop. He has always been this really SMART kid, then the past couple of years his hormones have kicked in - he's still smart, he just doesn't show his teachers anymore . . . or his parents. . . he'd rather be lifting weights, playing football, playing baseball, reading books, snowboarding, and most importantly spending time with his guy friends and the GIRLS! They consume this boys life, it really drives me nuts. I love all his friends and the girls he is both friends with and has dated, they are all really awesome, give hugs, respectful, etc. BUT with that said, I really wish he would sit down and get back to his academics, he has no idea what he is doing and it drives me NUTS! It just seems such a waste to me, to not take advantage of all that is available to him and make the most of it. Mr. Higgins, the principal at the high school says this is typical of freshman and to just keep up the hand holding and he'll get there. I went in to talk to Mr. Higgins to see if there was anything he could suggest for us to do, you know, beyond threatening with the loss of his cell phone, sports, drivers ed, etc. . . he says Cody is a great kid and just hold on by next year or his Jr. year, he'll be his self again. . . can I hold on that long? Thing is he is very loving, always giving me hugs, talks to me about just about everything, very respectful, although sometimes I would LOVE to wash his mouth out with soap . . . and he loves me, I mean really loves me, so I feel stupid complaining. Ah yes, parenting, the hardest job we'll ever have - can I just say again, I love this kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment