17 January 2010

Progress

I've done it - I'm in my scrap room for the 2nd day in a row!!! WOO HOO - this is such a total accomplishment. Last night I scrapped 4 pages of Shelby from Christmas 2008 and am now working on a 4 generation pages of Cody, John, John's dad and great-grampa George who passed away on December 14, 2008. I am feeling so good about this. I have even managed to stamp a bunch of images - have 2 cards actually made and 4 waiting for the stickles to dry and am getting some more images stamped out so that I can work on them after the treadmill. Feeling good about this.

Still determined to get Photoshop 7 down, so will cut out an hour or so (hopefully a bit more) each day (I'm trying!) to get this program completely figured out. I am so computer illiterate; actually not sure that is right, I just don't spend enough time on one thing to get it figured out or mastered, I tend to bounce around - - - - A LOT!

Great news for Cody and wrestling - he took 2nd place in the duals this weekend - he's very happy about his showing, as he was actually quite worried about his Saturday partners, but he did GREAT! Shoulder still hurting, he won't go get x-rayed because he is afraid they will tell him something is wrong and then he'd have to drop out of the rest of the season - - - MEN! And please, don't hold me wrong for this one, it's like a battle to get him to go and trust me I so can not lift this boy and toss him in the car! On a sad note, he met a very nice young man from McCall at the wrestling tournament and said they had a great time talking, hanging out, listening to music, hip-hopping around and joking with friends - - -Cody received a phone call from another joint friend this morning and was told that Skylar had gotten home last night and committed suicide - a 17 year old senior. My heart breaks for this young man, and for his family; if he only knew what a good influence he was on those around him. I know he still may have made the same choice, but I hope he knew he was truly liked and loved - my heartfelt sympathies and love goes out to his family. My prayers to all of his friends, as when this happens, such a hole is left open and everyone wonders what they could have done to help, or why they didn't know that something was wrong . . . nothing kids, this is truly a decision made in the heat of the moment with no thought to the future, this young man thought he was removing himself from the pain and anguish of whatever he was going through in the moment . . . love him, do not blame him or yourselves.

On that note, please send up prayers for Skylar, his family and his friends, they all are going to be walking a very hard path . . .

In love,

Judi

1 comment:

  1. yeah, you! keep up the good work! i'd love to see what you've been doing. miss ya!

    ReplyDelete