09 January 2010

Judi's 2010 New Year Resolutions

I'm not sure that I want to call these my New Year Resolutions. . . I don't know that I really do like that word, there has to be a word that is better than resolutions. Most of us make them, few of us keep them; this year I am hoping to be able to keep my resolutions . . .

I am resolving to pay off our debts this year . . . how do I say that I haven't even shared this info with my hubby - 1st he would be upset, 2nd he would be disappointed, and the fault is mine, my own making, my own bad choices.

I am also resolving to spend more quality time with my family - son and hubby - we're always in the same home together, but we're all so busy doing other things that we haven't set together at our dining room table for a meal in ages. . . all conversations are while each of us are doing something else . . . no more, time to be really together and bond with each other as we should, that's what family really is! We talk, but we don't - - - you know, the mindless everyday things, but no real discussions about anything . . . and it's time to do that, why we ever stopped I don't know. This is my most important goal.

I am also determined to get this weight off - AGAIN! January 4, 2009 I drank my last Diet Pepsi, I was an addict and bad . . . like 8 to 10 cans a day - I had enough. I couldn't bend over comfortably, my lower back hurt all the time - I began my journey into yet another diet - and I did great! I lost 26 lbs from January through July and I felt sooooo good - had been walking daily on my treadmill, lifting weights, eating healthy, doing sit-ups, etc. I hadn't honestly felt that good in a long time, then I quit, I started eating things that I shouldn't, cut back on my exercise - I'd like to blame it all on the class I was taking (was so intense, at least for me) and I felt like it had taken over much of my time and my life, that I just stopped taking as good care of myself as I should have been. . . so I am starting again and this time I intend to keep it off and make it stay off. My goal is to lose 40 pounds by December 31, 2010 . . . I know that it is going to be a struggle and won't be easy. I love food - salty, fatty, anything . . . and I have to learn to say no and walk away. . . I need to stop buying it at the store, this in itself is going to take a great deal of willpower, but I am determined.

Another important goal for me, is to show my friends and family how much they mean to me, I intend to craft more, not just for me, but for them and you also. I have been absorbed in some things that just aren't as important as I thought they were at the time, how I am getting to this place where I feel more relaxed and more of where I want to be at this time in my life is helping me to make this decision.

So for now, I am going to close this post - probably a longer read than anyone wanted, but I need to "journal" these things daily - part of making myself accountable to myself. . . seeing it all in black and white will help me to review where I am now and where I am going. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment